The latest version of Apple’s Mac operating system, Yosemite, brought changes to how it handles installers from non-Mac App Store and non-identified developers. This can make installing Enfocus PitStop Pro on Yosemite a little trickier than it used to be.
In this quick tip, we look at how to install PitStop Pro on Yosemite.
Feel free to post questions in the comments section at the bottom of this page.
Video: How to install PitStop Pro on Yosemite.
How to install PitStop Pro on Yosemite. (Written Version)
Steps to installing PitStop Pro on Mac’s Yosemite
- Download the latest Enfocus PitStop Pro 12 installer
- Double click the installer DMG file
- Run the PitStop Pro installer/updater
- If your Mac gives you a warning, press ‘OK’
- Go to Mac System Preferences: Apple>System Preferences
- Click on Security & Privacy and select the “General” tab
- In the bottom of the pane, you’ll see this message:
- “PitStop Pro Update was blocked from opening because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.”
- Click on ‘Open Anyway’ and follow the installer’s instructions
Oops! We could not locate your form.